With nine more matches to end the season, the 2016/17 season is getting keener and now it’s time to once again put a show against giants Asante Kotoko.
The Porcupine Warriors are in town for the week 22 fixture and are poised for victory as a win over Inter Allies will see cement their top 3 spot.
Despite registering tricky home records this season, the ‘Eleven Is To One’ are desperately looking to bounce back to winning ways with a win over the Porcupine Warriors.
After 21 games each, Inter Allies have accumulated 29 points and lie 6th on the league table while Kotoko lie 3rd after managing to pull 35 points.
Competition: Ghana Premier League– Week 22
Date: Wednesday, July 12
Time: 3:00pm GMT
Venue: El Wak Stadium
Broadcast: Not LIVE on TV, but radio commentary
Referee: Prince Amoah
Assistant 1: Dawood Ouedraogo
Assistant 2: Ben Samari
Fourth Referee: Eku Boateng
Match Commissioner: Baah A. Agyei
Both sides have met seven times in the Ghana Premier League, the Porcupines have won thrice and Inter Allies have won once with 3 draws.
The last time both sides met at the home venue of Allies, Fredrick Yamoah’s thunderbolt got us a point in a 1-1 drawn game in Tema last season.
1. Inter Allies 0-1 Asante Kotoko – Tema
2. Asante Kotoko 0-1 Inter Allies – Accra
3. Asante Kotoko 1-0 Inter Allies – Kumasi
4. Inter Allies 0-0 Asante Kotoko – Tema
5. Asante Kotoko 1-0 Inter Allies – Kumasi
6. Inter Allies 1-1 Asante Kotoko – Tema
7. Asante Kotoko 0-0 Inter Allies – Kumasi
8. Inter Allies ?-? Asante Kotoko – El Wak
STATS and FORM GUIDE:
Played in 10 home games, Inter Allies have summed 23 points at the El Wak so far, conceding 4 and scoring 13 in the process.
They have also had 7 clean sheets from 7 wins, 1 defeat and 2 draws and failed to score just once at home.
Conversely, Asante Kotoko have scored 5 times and conceded 7 away goals, they’ve also failed to score 5 times in the away games played so far.
They have recorded 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats in their 10 away games played this season with 5 clean sheets.
Inter Allies last 5 league games:
1. Bolga All Stars 1-1 Inter Allies
2. Inter Allies 2-0 Elmina Sharks
3. AshantiGold 3-0 Inter Allies
4. Inter Allies 1-0 Bechem United
5. Berekum Chelsea1-1 Inter Allies
Asante Kotoko last 5 league games:
1. Asante Kotoko 1-1 Great Olympics
2. Aduana Stars 0-0 Asante Kotoko
3. Asante Kotoko 2-1 Wa All Stars
4. Ebusua Dwarfs 0-1Asante Kotoko
5. Asante Kotoko 3-1 Medeama SC