Inter Allies will embark on a trip to Ashanti Regional capital Kumasi on Sunday to face giants Asante Kotoko in the match day 9 fixture of the 2016/17 Ghana Premier League at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
Inter Allies have had a slow start to this season’s campaign and are still on track picking the pieces after picking a draw against Great Olympics and a win over Tema Youth in the last two games.
Despite registering two away points from four games this season, the ‘Eleven Is To One’ are desperately looking for first away win over the Porcupine Warriors.
Asante Kotoko sit pretty, 10 places above Inter Allies on the league table (2nd) with 17 points whilst the latter lie 12th with 9 points.
Competition: Ghana Premier League (2016/17) – Week 9
Date: Sunday 2nd April, 2017
Time: 3:00pm GMT
Venue: Baba Yara Stadium
Broadcast: There will be no Live TV broadcast but radio commentary across the country.
Referee: Mohammed Awal
Assistant 1: Samuel Asiedu
Assistant 2: Alhassan Yahaya
Fourth Referee: Ali Alhassan
Match Commissioner: Frank Denakpor
Uriah Kporvi has recovered from the injury he sustained in match day 3 against Medeama SC in Tarkwa but could still miss the game as the medics don’t want to rush him back.
Both sides have met six times in the Premier League, the Porcupines have won thrice and Inter Allies have won once with 2 draws.
The last time both sides met at the Baba Yara Stadium, Asante Kotoko left with a 1-0 win via the spot against a 10-man Allies team last season.
1. Inter Allies 0-1 Asante Kotoko – Tema
2. Asante Kotoko 0-1 Inter Allies – Accra
3. Asante Kotoko 1-0 Inter Allies – Kumasi
4. Inter Allies 0-0 Asante Kotoko – Tema
5. Asante Kotoko 1-0 Inter Allies – Kumasi
6. Inter Allies 1-1 Asante Kotoko – Tema
7. Asante Kotoko ?-? Inter Allies – Kumasi
8. Inter Allies ?-? Asante Kotoko – El Wak
STATS and FORM GUIDE:
Played in 4 home games, Asante Kotoko have summed 12 points at the Baba Yara Stadium so far, conceding just 1 and scoring 5 in the process.
They have also had 3 clean sheets from 4 wins, 0 defeat and 0 draw and never failed to score at home.
Conversely, Inter Allies have scored 2 times and conceded 5 away goals.
They have recorded 2 draws and 2 defeats in their 4 away games played this season.
Asante Kotoko last five games:
1. Ashanti Gold 0-1 Asante Kotoko
2. Asante Kotoko 1-0 Elmina Sharks
3. Bolga All Stars 1-1 Asante Kotoko
4. Asante Kotoko 1-0 WAFA
5. Hearts of Oak 1-0 Asante Kotoko
Inter Allies last five matches:
1. Inter Allies 2-1 Ebusua Dwarfs
2. Wa All Stars 1-0 Inter Allies
3. Inter Allies 1-2 Aduana Stars
4. Great Olympics 1-1 Inter Allies
5. Inter Allies 1-0 Tema Youth